- Tonight marks the grand opening of the new McLaren Beverly Hills showroom — we’ve been eyeing their new Wilshire location for over a year now, as they’ve been prepping the store. As one of the only McLaren dealers in North America, this new showroom is part of the Auto Gallery network in L.A. who also have dealerships for Porsche, Maserati, and Lamborghini. Some friends of the Truffle happened to be shopping at McLaren last night and sent in this pic of the party set-up.
McLaren Beverly Hills showroom
- Here’s something: Trousdale is closing this week … the lounge has been open for 22 months (March 2010 — Jan 2012) which in L.A. club years is like being 160. Trousdale’s closing party will be held later on this week. #TruffleNotes: most LA clubs have a planned 18 months lifespan.
- Former model and LA gallery owner Honor Fraser can levitate. We were at the opening of her latest art show on Saturday night where she was hanging quite literally in her office for hours, 8 ft up.
Honor Fraser can levitate
- There’s a Grace Kelly film coming! ‘Grace Of Monaco’ — Olivier Dahan (La Vie En Rose) is set to helm this rather overdue biopic — according to Nikki Finke — The film covers a half-year period in 1962 when French leader Charles De Gaulle and Monaco’s Prince Rainier III were at odds over Monaco’s standing as a tax haven. France gave Monaco six months to reform its tax laws, and the situation escalated. By that time, Kelly (then 33) had given up her acting career to become a full-time princess, and the film details her political maneuvering behind the scenes to save Monaco. VERY excited to follow the casting for this film!
- Here’s a name you’ll start hearing — We recently met actor Geoff Stults at the Churchill (new place on 3rd) over the holidays and have some notes: He dated Stacy Keibler for two years, is starring in the new Bones spin-off called The Finder (premieres this Thursday on Fox) and plays a fixer of sorts who finds bad guys.
- Jake Gyllenhaal is now with Patrick Whitesell at WME
- International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) started yesterday — it runs til Friday in Las Vegas
Leave a comment