The pieces your closet needs now

Shahs of Sunset, Shaws of Sunset, reality show . Bravo. Persian Jersey Shore | The Daily Truffle LA

Persian ‘Jersey Shore’ Show Coming To Bravo

Salam chetori?!

Technically translated this means: Hi, are you fine? Nontechnical it’s Persian for what’s up.

We’ve gotten word this so called “Persian Jersey Shore” is done taping and is set to air under the name “Shahs of Sunset” on Bravo. For our readers living outside of L.A., Sunset refers to Sunset Blvd in Beverly Hills where many mansions have been built, torn down and re-built with the notorious ‘Persian mansions’ … In one case, a house belonging to a royal Persian family on Sunset burned to the ground — much speculation circulated over the cause of the fire.

This show probably would have been better in the 80s but whatever, for us in Beverly Hills — this is amazing. For some background on the Persian community in Beverly Hills, we refer you to this 2009 W magazine article which includes many friends of the Truffle.

Cast members include: Golnesa “GG” Gharachedaghi (29, Persian princess), Mike Shouhed (33, real estate agents recovering from the financial crisis), Sammy Younai (35, real estate developer), Asa Soltan Rahmati (35, singer), Reza Farahan (38, gay real estate agent), Mercedes “MJ” Javid (30-ish, party girl real estate agent).

Oddly none of the people in our Truffle circles know any of these people which is a little strange considering that encompasses 4 generations of Beverly Hills natives … do you know them? Comment below if you do.

Click here to read our casting call from April 2010 when we were first asked to help refer some good L.A. Persians for the show … guess Bravo did not heed our advice. (For new readers at The Daily Truffle we are regularly asked to help cast shows such as The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, real estate shows, cooking shows, and more. If you have a casting call — send it in.)

27 comments for “Persian ‘Jersey Shore’ Show Coming To Bravo

1. Madeline Spalding
    March 1, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Disgusting. I cannot believe this blatant American foolishness. Americans are severely misguided and deeply brainwashed by a most powerful leader: television.

2. missmisti123
    March 11, 2012 at 7:44 pm

There not realy persains thats why nonone has ever heard of them in the persain community. I dotn think any of them on the show realy have that much money.
    They appear to be mostly posers. GI GI hasnt worked a day in her life and porbly never well she is handed everything on a silver platter… as a result she is a shallow humman.Pretty much Youro Trash.

3. Anonymous
    March 12, 2012 at 11:35 pm

This is the very worst Bravo show I have ever seen. Casting is full of mentally ill, materialistic, entitled, rude, greedy people ever. Allowing the Iranian mother to say such terrible thing about Jews is in itself inflammatory. This is the point I turned the channel. Andy, you can’t possibly think this is a match for any of you’re programming. I’ll never watch again and I’m a great fan of the Housewife shows.

4. Pam mayo
    March 12, 2012 at 11:38 pm

Bravo, you have sunk to a terrible low. I loved all of your shows till last night. I had to turn it off. Nothing redeemable about this show. The women were ghetto all the way.

5. Oahu808Grown
    March 13, 2012 at 3:56 pm

GG there is a different way to approach someone to express yourself. Who cares if someone “Asa” says something about you, it just shows your insecurities about yourself. You look crazy shouting and acting as if you want to hit someone. I also don’t think you should be proud that you haven’t worked a day in your life. I think you should use your dad’s success in a positive way, make your own success. Your remark about hating ants and ugly people was ignorant because some people might consider you an ugly person. You’re 29 act like you have some sense.

Mj I think you’re adorable and beautiful. Your mom is the same way as my aunts LMAO, when I was growing up I was a little chubby and when they would see me ask me why I’m so fat…

6. Charles Chuck Chilla Sedghi
    March 13, 2012 at 5:22 pm

This show rocks. Not all Persians are like them and not all Persians will like them. I grew up with Sammy he has a heart of gold. Lets be honest with ourselves here this is a show about rich Hollywood/Beverly kids that you wish you were. They were selected for their dramatic and dynamic personality traits not necessarily their moral fiber. Would you rather watch a show about old Persians with antiques fighting and talking trash about each other? Well you can its on Persian TV or would you rather watch young hot Persians with Lamborghini’s fighting and talking trash about each other produced by Ryan Seacrest??? I think the latter is more entertaining. For the people leaving negative comments what makes you feel as if you’re any different from the cast? Scroll up and read all the trash talking you wrote about them and most of you don’t even know them. You might not like my point and most likely you’re Persian and that means you’re denial about 90% of your life and would never admit to agreeing with me.

7. sharona
    March 13, 2012 at 5:26 pm

Im happy that my friend sammy is on the show and my cousin Adu and Omid are on the show too.:}Great job

8. Evelyn
    March 17, 2012 at 5:41 pm

Sharona did you go to FIDM? Did you come out on the show?

9. JD
    March 18, 2012 at 7:56 pm

LOVE THE SHOW. ALL ARE GREAT EXCEPT THE ONE WITH THE BODY OF A 10 YEAR OLD BOY, THAT LIVES OFF DAD, AND HAS A REAL ATTITUDE PROBLEM…..I FEAL SORRY FOR THE REST OF THE GROUP BECAUSE SHE TALKS SSSS ABOUT THEM….BETTER GET HER OFF TO TEXAS WITH THE OTHER KNOBS

10. JT
    March 19, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Do they think we don’t know they are Iranian …What is this Persian BS? GG is ugly physically & mentally and she lives off her dad what man would want her ? I love everyone else esp MJ..Reza is a lil nelly but fun ..Mike says he is a alpha male ? I though he was actually the gay guy..I do like them all but that GG is a ghetto “DRAMA QUEEN”

11. LadyRobyn Hamilton Connell
    March 23, 2012 at 4:54 pm

I find the stars to be interesting, and they are giving us a unique mirror, into a different culture. Thanks for taking the time and energy to put a show such as this together, I know it couldn’t have been easy!
    Very truly LadyRobyn

12. Lady B.
    March 26, 2012 at 4:05 pm

This is the most RACIST show I have ever seen, they are in the United States, Not Persia!! I am surprised Bravo lets Racist people do a show!! They should take them off the air!!

13. j
    March 31, 2012 at 4:28 pm

I LOVE this show!!!! People always find a way to hate!!! Get over it and enjoy a great laugh! You don’t enjoy the show change the damn channel!!!!

14. P Phipps
    April 9, 2012 at 10:44 am

GG where did you get that maxi dress you were when you went shopping with AsA? It came off the shoulders. I actually love all your outfits, but that one dress I fell in love with..

15. BOB
    April 13, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Hi there
    I would like to ask Riza out on a date. I am honest, trustworthy, hard working, passionate, loyal , and down to earth.
    Regards,
    BOB

16. Cleopatra
    April 15, 2012 at 6:52 pm

GG…your’re ugly

17. DIANA
    April 15, 2012 at 9:34 pm

THE JEWISH GIRL, HANNAH, THAT APPEARED ON SHAWS OF SUNSET, SAMMY’S DATE, WHAT OTHER REALITY SHOW DID SHE APEAR ON, PLEASE E-MAIL ME WITH THE ANSWER, IT’S DRIVING ME NUTS. THANK YOU.

18. india
    April 16, 2012 at 4:18 pm

hey riza! Im glad to see arabs on tv showing there ass and to let the world know how stupid and phony all you are I take that back for you riza your the best and honest one of te bunch and the dancer lady shows respect for herself a worker not like gg a begger and trust fund baby what does work mean she hasnt a clue so shutdafk up B. Riza keep on doing it and ya call them hoes hoes lol

19. michelle
    April 16, 2012 at 8:37 pm

I am wanting to know what show the “blind date”, Hannah I think, sammy had was on before- She was definatly on a different reality show at some other point but I really cant remember which one!

20. David
    April 17, 2012 at 10:19 pm

She came out on the show “your cut off” on VH1.

21. DSO
    December 2, 2012 at 12:50 pm

The Shahs of Sunset is not my favorite of the Bravo shows, but is interesting to learn about the Persian culture. My favorite show is Real Housewives of New Jersey. My LEAST favorite show is Real Housewives of Miami. It is the worst!

22. Anonymous
    December 4, 2012 at 11:02 am

All the negative things that are being said about this show, why bother wasting your time to look at it, then you stupid people should flip the dam station and stop lamenting on the show, its only a TV show people for god sake keep your comments to yourself….

And the Anonymous person why are you offended about the Iranian woman saying terrible things about Jews, Jews are’nt any better so get real and keep flipping the channels………….

23. Shree
    December 7, 2012 at 10:26 pm

I love this show! If ever I win the lottery, or succeed in my business, I will have a realtor seeking me a home in a Persian neighborhood, off Sunset, and I’m black!

24. December 11, 2012 at 1:34 am

I LOVE this show. I DVR each week and cant wait for the next episode. My favorites are, Asa, MJ and Reza. Asa, you are real, gentle, inspiring and you can careless what anyone thinks about your wardorobe which I Love, by the way. You allow yourself to be exactly who you are. Cheers to you. I love your voice and creativity, your solid don’t be swayed to change. MJ, you are the peace maker and diplomat. I recognize your need to do this. Your parents, a broken home. I am also the peace maker for the same reasons. Your beautiful, caring and loyal but you hate tension which drives you to fix it. Again triggers of our past. Reza, well, what can I say about Reza…I love your honesty and courage to be a Gay male in a Persian family. Thank you for explaining how the Persian culture really is. I cant forget Mike. That million dollar smile and charming personality. I hope this show remains on the air, I really enjoy all of you. GG, honey, you need to know what its like to not know where your next meal will come from and I don’t mean which 5star establishment to choose. Your good for the show because you bring your sickness…

25. Wetcnt
    December 18, 2012 at 6:55 pm

The men on this show are f-ing hot. Me wants to be gang banged by them all.

26. January 25, 2013 at 2:30 pm

These are the ghetto of ghetto people. What a embarrassment to others of there ethnic tree. Not one of them has a education. They all live off of the money there parents acquired. I worked with LE in some of the most deprived ghetto ignorant neighborhoods and dealt with such minded types, the shaws of crap here are far worse then any thug N#%R I have dealt with. Sand N#%%rs ….

27. February 21, 2013 at 8:16 pm

Why does the fat gay boy keep putting white people down? Does he not realize that white people are what keeps the show going… When he made the first reference to white people I let it slide but I will not be watching that show any more and hope that I can boycott this show threw people I know….