For those of you who frequent the Daily Truffle, you know that we are obsessed with everything about Mulberry, from it’s Creative Director, Mulberry Mix Tape Tour/ blog, ad campaigns, parties, invitations, and let’s not forget the clothes themselves and their fashion shows (complete with the adorbs doggies)!
It is also a given that all Mulberry parties are throughly planned, with tons of detail and thought. Everything is done meticulously from the decorations (best in the business!), DJs and/or musical performances, table settings, gift bags, and most interesting … the guest lists.
Basically they redefine the idea of go hard or go home.
So with that in mind, you might not be surprised when I tell you the chic-est party this Coachella ’12 was thrown by Emma Hill, Creative Director of Mulberry, and fashion PR house KCD at the Parker Hotel in Palm Springs to celebrate the Fall 2012 collection.
Inspired by Maurice Sendak’s, Where The Wild Things Are, artist Emma Houlston created a new mascot for Mulberry — a monster!! — which was used in their fall 2012 show and at all their parties since (see pics for monster themed pool floaties!).
- When: Saturday April 13th, 2012
- Where: The pool at the Gene Autry house inside the Parker Hotel in Palm Springs
- Wild Things include: Mulberry’s Creative Director (and GOD) Emma Hill, Lily Collins, Emma Watson (Happy 22nd Birthday!), stylist Cher Coulter with Kate Bosworth and boyfriend Michael Polish, Matthew Bires, Hillary Kerr, Harley Viera Newton, Geordon and Greg K of the Misshapes, Atlanta de Cadenet, Laura Love, Mike Moonves, and models Arizona Muse, Hanne Gaby, Jacquelyn Jablonski, Kasia Struss, Tali Lennox, Cara Delevigne, and a whole slew of 20-something LA natives.
- DJ sets by Metronomy (LOVE) and performance by brother sister music duo, Wild Belle
- Decor(ations): For Fall 2012, Emma Hill took inspiration from Maurice Sendak‘s, Where The Wild Things Are. In true Mulberry fashion, giant rafts, pillows, and towels were designed to evoke the monster.
- Delish popsicles, Mr. Parker’s chicken salad, homemade lemonaid lollies, spiked lemonade, and other refreshing things were on the monster menu.