What: Re-election campaign fundraiser for Obama
Where: George Clooney’s basketball court
Who: George Clooney, David Katzenberg, Barbra Streisand, Robert Downey Jr., Tobey Maguire, Eddie Murphy, Jack Black, Billy Crystal, Salma Hayek, Stacy Kiebler, producer/director Rob Reiner, J.J. Abrams, Starz’ Chris Albrecht, Summit’s Rob Friedman, producer Nina Jacobson, Diane Von Furstenberg, ICM’s Chris Silbermann and CAA’s Bryan Lourd.
- George Clooney has a Shepard Fairey “Hope” poster in his house
- Wolfgang Puck cooked
- 150 guests paid $40,000 to dine and support Obama’s reelection
- 14 round tables with 10 people each
- Obama spoke around 7 pm thanking George Clooney, David Katzenberg for hosting
- No #Obama motorcades this time — POTUS, his retinue, security detail and press pool took helicopters to Burbank Airport and then a motorcade to GC’s (and Stacy’s). After the dinner, Obama went to the Beverly Hilton and tomorrow am flies to Reno.
PS — We hear Obama will return to LA June 6, 2012 for another fundraiser at Ryan Murphy’s (Glee).
OBAMA ROAD CLOSURES (posted at 12:20PM):
- 5:00pm: Street closures begin. Those driving on Laurel Cyn Blvd and connecting streets north of Ventura Blvd should expect delays and road closures between 5pm-8pm.
- Around 6:00pm: President Obama will arrive at LAX. He will then be transported via motorcade and helicopter to George Clooney’s house.
- 8:00pm-10:00pm: Local access south of Ventura Blvd will be sealed off. Residents with a local ID will be allowed through.
- The President will spend the night in Beverly Hills (most likely the Beverly Hilton)
- 10:00am – The President will depart LA.
INFO from Presidential pool report, The Hollywood Reporter, and our Little Truffle Hunters