We have a theory the CW is forcing the writers to tank a couple of these final episodes so we recover from our depression in time to start watching the Carrie Diaries come January. We forgive the writing and make a major call-out to the director of this episode — the most prolific artist in Hollywood: Amy Heckerling (Clueless, European Vacation, Fast Times at Ridgemont High).
The beginning signs are starting to show that Serena might wind up with Dan by the season’s end just 5 episodes from now. Blair changes the image of Eleanor’s brand who promptly returns to handle the “decorum debaucle” which was honestly nothing compared to last week. Serena almost gets a diamond, Blair is almost happy for her. Ivy is faced with some quick thinking challenges from Bart and wins. S & D’s sex tape is revealed. Serena may be taking over Blair’s season 1 bulimia problem. No one says coming out anymore; IT’S COTILLION.
Here are our notes from the episode:
- Dan to Blair: There’s traditional and then there’s missionary; which does not work for the dress, or for you as I recall.
- Serena: It’s never too late for cotillion. (it’s not?)
- Georgina on S & D’s sex tape: I bet she still uses it to get off — I know I do.
- Blair to Chuck: Go find her and imprison Cronus. (This is the exact kind of Zeus reference that reminds us what a terrible idea these two are together)
- Bart: I knew some people who knew some people. (That’s how you also say my friend’s dealer)
- Dorota: Mr. Chuck defeats bad dad.
Notable moments & Questions:
- Sage doesn’t like her new mom’s pancakes.
- Why does everyone wake up so early? No one works. But everyone is always having breakfast and noon deadlines.
Possible Spin-Off Reveal?: Sage skips college to go to work for Georgina as a professional evil fixer, bringing along her minions and the time-to-time assistance from Chuck and Blair who, now married and living on the Upper East Side after Chuck’s dad fakes his death a second time and Eleanor goes back to work, make the occasional guest cameos.