THE BUCKLEY SCHOOL
Location: The Valley
- Hollywood: Matthew Perry, Sara Gilbert, Melissa Gilbert, Nicollette Sheridan, Alyssa Milano,Tatyana Ali (Fresh Prince of Bel Air) and Rob Lowe.
- Reality: Kim Kardashian, Rob Kardashian.
- Industry: Bret Easton Ellis, Paul Thomas Anderson.
- Music: Albert Hammond, Jr. (Strokes), Jacques Brautbar (Phantom Planet), Alex Greenwald (Phantom Planet), Sam Farrar (Phantom Planet), Gunnar Nelson and Matthew Nelson (Nelson)
- Famous offspring: Roy Disney (Walt Disney, nephew), Natalie Cole (Nat King Cole, daughter), Sydney Poitier (Sidney Poitier, daughter), Laura Dern, Christian Brando (Marlon Brando, son, died January 26, 2008), Paris & Nicky Hilton (Conrad Hilton, granddaughters), Nicole Richie (Lionel Richie, daughter), Rashida & Kidada Jones (Quincy Jones, daughters), Kimberly Stewart (Rod Stewart, daughter).
- Truffle Hunters: Dory Benami, Daniel Seidner, Elaine Sir.
- Current students: Paris Jackson.
Uniforms: In the 80s and 90s, the boys wore dark gray Sue Mills wool slacks, a white collared shirt, red and grey tie, dark navy blazer and penny loafers. The girls wore dark gray wool skirts (light blue for the summer), a white collared shirt, a dark navy blazer with the
Weirdness: Because the school goes from nursery to grade 12, some graduates have attributed the cliquey alumni network to gossip fear. In the words of one alum: “I have to stay friends with them, they know way too much shit about me.”
Reputation: Competitive academic environment w/a strong performing arts program … but also is notorious for having spoiled industry kids (something like this)
Matriculation: It’s not the best. But, it’s not the worst.
Tuition: Grades six through twelve tuition: $32,475 / Kindergarten through grade five tuition: $28,846
Buckley in Pop Culture: Ever see ‘Less Than Zero’?
Exert from The Guardian: “At first sight, Less Than Zero seemed to be nothing but a Buckley diary: the minor escapades of rich teenagers, coupling and clubbing and speeding across a Los Angeles miraculously devoid of parents. The weather was always ‘hot’. Every character was ‘tan’. Everyone was either ‘flirting’ or ‘bored’.”
GOT SOMETHING TO ADD? COMMENT BELOW!