1. Parts of Westwood and Brentwood will be affected by the President’s trip on Thursday; Holmby Hills on Friday. Here is the full traffic advisory:
LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — President Barack Obama’s scheduled visit to the Southland on Thursday has prompted a traffic advisory from local authorities. According to the advisory, a hard closure is planned along Hilgard Avenue between Le Conte and Weyburn avenues in the Westwood Village from 8 a.m. Thursday through 6 p.m. Friday. In addition, when possible, the following areas should be avoided Thursday:
• Centinela Avenue between Ocean Park & Olympic boulevards from 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.;
• Lincoln Boulevard between Pico & Wilshire boulevards from 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.;
• Santa Monica Boulevard between 26th Street & Ocean Avenue from 3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.;
• Ocean Avenue between Pico & San Vicente boulevards from 3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.;
• San Vicente Boulevard between Ocean Avenue & Bundy Drive from 5:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.;
• Sunset Boulevard between Allenford & Barrington avenues from 5:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.;
• Sunset Boulevard between Allenford Avenue & Roxbury Drive from 5:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.;
• Beverly Glen Boulevard between Sunset & Santa Monica boulevards from 7:30 p.m.-9:00 p.m.;
• Wilshire Boulevard between Sawtelle & Santa Monica boulevards from 7:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.;
The following areas should be avoided when possible on Friday:
• Wilshire Boulevard between Veteran & Comstock avenues from 9:00 a.m. -11:00 a.m.;
• Beverly Glen Boulevard between Ashton Avenue & Bellagio Road from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.;
• Sunset Boulevard between Hilgard Avenue & Carolwood Drive from 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.;
• Beverly Glen Boulevard between Bellagio Road & Pico Boulevard from 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.;
• Pico Boulevard between Prosser Avenue & Century Park East from 10:00 a.m. -1:00 p.m.;
For live traffic updates, tune-in to KNX 1070 NEWSRADIO.
2. Here’s what the invite looks like:
3. The Goop Girl is getting pre-fundraiser heat from this anti-drone graffiti artist who has wheatpasted these posters all her neighborhood (Gwyneth’s Goop squad is NOT going to like this).
4. Here’s the guy who made the posters; his name is SABO and he goes by @unsavoryagents on Twitter. He’s got a whole political message.
6. Gwynnie lives in Brentwood, more specifically Mandeville Canyon — You can have horses there.
7. Gwynnie was with Chris Martin from Cold Play and now he is dating J Law but that’s another story.
8. This is the third time this year that President Barack Obama is hitting up Hollywood and the 20th time since he took office in 2009 (that includes Orange County as well).
9. Obama was most recently in Los Angeles July 23-24, when he attended a pair of fundraisers, one at the Hancock Park home of television producer Shonda Rhimes, and another at the Brentwood home of Live Nation CEO Michael Rapino. Shonda is featured in this week’s THR sharing her thoughts about being called ‘an angry black woman’ by a major news outlet.
10. Bill Clinton also hung out with Hollywood a lot.
11. For those who miss the Thursday event, restaurateur Michael Chow and his wife Eva Chow are hosting a smaller 20 person reception with Obama at their home on Friday morning. Tickets are selling for $15,000 per person.