We’s major fans of long-running Jet Set Report whose recent newsletter chronicles LA’s most-likely-to-change-LA upcoming hotel openings …
- At the end of the year, Dream Hotels debuts on Hollywoods Cahuenga Corridor with a stunning, architectural property of 179 rooms and rooftop pool lounge designed by New York-based Rockwell Group.
- A month later, Sydell Group brings Miami-born Freehand hotel/hostel brand to Downtown Los Angeles with 226 rooms as well as its own boho-rooftop pool. Our beloved Chef Nobu extends his Malibu presence later this year with a new Nobu Ryokan – 18-rooom Japanese-style inn within a beachfront property owned by Larry Ellison.
- Kelly Wearstler once defined ‘the look’ of LA’s boutique hotel market, now she and former Viceroy Hotels chief Brad Korzen return with Proper Hotels, in early 2017. Its inaugural location occupies a 13-story downtown LA property, which was built in 1924 with 145 rooms and includes a restaurant, bar and pool revamped by the star decorator.
- New York’s NoMad Hotel will also arrive next year within Downtown L.A.’s Giannini Place once home to the Bank of Italy. The 12-story Nomad LA will have interiors by Hotel Costes-designer Jacques Garcia with imposing lobby and rooftop pool.
- Back on the westside in Beverly Hills, Hilton Worldwide attempts to become a true luxury player with its new Waldorf Astoria opening adjacent to its Beverly Hilton. The new build property hovers over one of the city’s most iconic intersections with a deco-inspired design for its 12-story tower offering balconies in all room categories.
- Next door, China’s Dalian Wanda Group hopes to build the even more impressive One Beverly Hills – but city approval is still pending.
- In March, The James West Hollywood opens in CIM Group’s Sunset La Cienega project with 286 rooms, two restaurants, rooftop bar and a 190-unit residential building that has already changed the look of the Sunset Strip.
- Also on the Strip, Pendry by Montage Hotels & Resorts will bring a new lifestyle-luxury hotel atop the former site of House of Blues.
- Ian Schrager’s Edition Hotel (pictured), however, will be the true game changer when it opens in 2018 at Sunset and Doheny. The 190-room hotel with two rooftop pools will feature an eatery by Jean-Georges Vongericthten and 20 luxury condominiums. Stay tuned…
via MICHAEL MARTIN, MANAGING EDITOR & FOUNDER, JETSETREPORT
You can subscribe to Jet Set Report here.